Tuesday 29 November 2011

Thankful Tuesday

After the mayhem of yesterday I knew today was going to be quieter as I was working from 12.30-2.30 so would have less time to do stuff. I decided to make the Christmas cakes before I started my class and I'd just put them in the oven when I had a text from one of my students saying she couldn't come and neither could the 2 people she comes with. What a result! The fourth student arrived and I told her there wouldn't be a class this week so she went off happily to do some housework or have a nap!

Great news for me as I was able to knock out 13 thank you cards using some wonderful stamps by the very talented Marion Emberson.

I quickly shoved a chicken in the oven and went off to my youngest son's parents evening. I'd had a couple of calls from his teacher over the last two weeks about his behaviour so I knew it wouldn't be fun. I guess she wasn't looking forward to it either as her hands were shaking! Maybe she was scared of me as I'm sure I'm old enough to be her mother. My son is very bright but I'm afraid he's going down the wrong path and I want it nipping in the bud before senior school, we've agreed on a rewards programme where he is given a mark out of 5 for each lesson based on his behaviour, focus and attitude. At the end of the week, depending on his marks, he will be given house points or lose play time. At home if he gets good marks during the week I'll give him a pound! I find talking to his wallet works best.

I somehow ended up with another child staying the night as I will be looking after him tomorrow as their school is closed due to the strike action. I also have my eldest son and another boy plus my husband booked a days holiday. I wish I could be on strike too.
What will Wednesday bring I wonder?
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment